Ice cream sandwich outside layer
5-Ingredient Applesauce Dog Treats
Recipe credit: Yummly
Yield: Depends on the size of your cookie cutters
3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup water
1 large egg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Preheat oven to 350º F and line 1 – 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2 . Combine flour and cinnamon together in a large bowl and mix in applesauce, water, and egg until fully incorporated.
3. Knead mixture until a smooth dough forms, then turn it out onto a lightly floured surface.
4 . Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness and use your cookie cutter(s) to cut out treats.
5. Transfer dog treats to lined baking sheets and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Remove and let cool completely before treating your pup or spreading with frozen pumpkin-banana treats, below.
Ice cream sandwich filling
Frozen Pumpkin Banana Pup–Pops Dog Treats
Recipe credit: DogVills
Yield: Depends on size of your candy molds or ice cube trays
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 teaspoon honey
1 ripe banana
1. Add the banana and pumpkin puree to your blender and mix until it’s nice and smooth. If you don’t have a blender, you can mix by hand using a fork, especially if you use a nice ripe banana.
2. Combine the yogurt and mashed banana/pumpkin mix in a large bowl. Add the honey. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into silicone candy molds or ice cube trays.
4. Freeze overnight, then pop out to serve. (Or spread between previous recipe treats for ice cream sandwiches.)” As always check with your vet to make sure your dog can have these treats.